rules and regulations
The official opening of the tournament will take place on 13 June 2010 at 9:30 CET hours at the playing venue. The drawing of lots will take place at 16:00 CET. The tournament is a double round-robin system, beginning from 14 June 2010. The rounds are scheduled daily from 14:30 CET hours, except the last round which will be from 12:30 CET hours.
120 minutes for the first forty moves, 60 minutes for the next twenty moves and then each player will be allotted 15 minutes until the end. Starting with move 61 each player will receive an increment of 30 seconds per move.
The live coverage of the Bazna Kings tournament starts at 14:30 CET. Today’s featured game will be between Magnus Carlsen and Ruslan Ponomariov. It will be commented live by GM Christian Bauer and IM Alexander Ipatov.
No draw agreement by the players are allowed before move 30.
Any such draw claim will be permitted only through the Chief Arbiter in the following cases:
* a triple-repetition of the position,
* a perpetual check,
* in theoretically drawn position.
The final standing of the players will be determined according to points. In case of sharing of places – the following criteria will be decisive for the tie-break:
* A greater number of wins
* The result of the direct mini-matches between contenders
* A tie-break match will be played in case of a tie for the first place in the tournament between the first two players in the final standing (according to points, or the additional criteria). The match will consist of two games with a time-control of 15 minutes per player + 3 seconds added for every move played. In case of a tie, another match of two blitz-games will be played with a time-control of 5 minutes per player + 3 seconds for every move played. In case of another tied result – there will be played a last “sudden-death” decisive game with a time-control 5 minutes for the whole game for the White-player and 4 minutes for the whole game for Black-player. The White-player will only need a victory in this game to win the tournament; whole the Black-player will win the tournament by just not losing that final decisive game.
* In case the first place might be shared by more than two players – the final standing will be determined according to the criteria that have been mentioned above.
Official site: http://www.turneulregilor.com